You will need:
● Medium weight drawing paper
● One watercolor paint color
● Wide brush
● Board to tape paper to
● Wire drawing tool (see below)
1. Tape paper to board. Brush even strokes on paper of 4 parts water mixed with 1 part Gesso.
2. Wash on a very light color of watercolor on top of Gesso. Suggested colors would be a light gray or brown. Let it dry.
3. Make a wire drawing tool. Use a fairly thick wire where the end can be filed down so as not to rip the paper. It can then fit into an x-acto holder for easier handling.
4. Lightly draw on the paper. The final drawing is very subtle and light. A white
colored pencil can then be used to add highlights.