You will need:
- Toothpicks or any kind of sticks
- Embroidery Floss in various colors
- Glue (Optional)
1. Tie two sticks or toothpicks
together with a small amount of string, so they are perpendicular to each other. You may have to wrap the string several times but try not to use too much string. Trim excess length and put a drop of glue in the center if it’s very wiggly.
2. Tie the first embroidery floss color to the center of the two sticks. Trim excess string. Wrap one stick with the floss. Choose either direction, clockwise or counter clockwise but you must maintain that direction with each of the colors. After wrapping one stick in what ever direction, wrap the next stick in that same direction and then keep going on to the next stick, wrapping in the same direction and continuing the direction of the next stick chosen to be wrapped. Continue as long as you like, using however much of that color you want.
3. For the next color, tie one end to the first color’s end. Cut off excess. Make sure to tie the knot tight because you’ll be pulling on it a bit. Contine wrapping in the same direction that you used with the first color. Add on as many colors as you like, making sure to push the weaving occasionally to the middle to keep it nice and tight. Of note: This is a fun project for a long car ride, with minimal supplies.