You will need:
- White paper
- Black Sharpie
- Small piece of printed paper
- Glue stick
- Oil pastels
1. First the perspective drawing of the bird house. Draw a horizontal rectangle about 2/3 down the bottom of the paper. Draw 2 vertical lines underneath the rectangle to create the pole for the bird house. Draw 2 lines up from that horizontal rectangle slightly tilting away from each other (to create almost a “V”). Find the mid-point of those two lines and go up about 4”, this is the peak point. Draw 2 lines from that point down to the sides and beyond just a bit. Draw parallel lines to those roof lines to create a 3-D dimension to the roof. From that peak roof line point draw a line about a 30 degree angle to create the roof top. Then draw the back side of the roof line, it should be parallel to the front side roof line. Create a horizontal rectangle for the bottom side edge of the roof connecting the two roof lines. Add a hole to the front and a pole for the bird to sit on.
2. Add clouds and a sun to the drawing. Add flowers and/or the top of a fence along the bottom of the drawing to create an environment for your bird house. Decorate your bird house with any patterns, designs or illustrations that inspire you.
3. Sharpie outline the bird house and elements below the bird house. Paint the birdhouse and background.
4. On the back side of the printed paper draw a half circle. On one side of the half circle draw a head and beak and on the other side draw tail feathers. Cut out the shape. Draw and/or paint on a yellow beak, wing outline and an eye. Glue bird onto bird house where ever it looks best. Outline bird with Sharpie marker. Optional – Add more details on with colored pencil or oil pastels.