You will need:
- Black and white self portrait photo of student
- White tagboard
- Extra fine tip Sharpie marker
- Tracing paper
- Optional: transfer paper
1. Put tracing paper over the photo, trace the outline of the head and features and a few of the more dominant shading shapes.
2. Transfer that drawing to tagboard with transfer paper in between the tracing paper and the tagboard or by scribbling some pencil lines on back side of the tracing paper so when the drawing is traced over again it will transfer onto the tagboard.
3. Use an Extra Fine Sharpie marker to create value from light to dark shadows on the face and background. Use Hatching, Cross Hatching, Stippling or Random Marks to create various value changes and patterns.